12.28.2016

Goodbye 2016, I'm tired...

As 2016 comes to a close I've taken some time to reflect on the past year and what I have accomplished (or haven't accomplished) and decided I want to do more and be more in 2017! 

We all have resolutions we never keep, goals we never reach and words left unspoken. Let's change our attitudes, change our behaviour and change our lives!



As I was driving the other day I watched the sunrise ahead of me. I was thinking "It sure is beautiful, I'd love to take a picture but I don't have my good camera on me, it will probably look crappy anyway, plus I'm just too tired" But something inside of me prompted me to take a minute, stop and snap the picture anyway. When I turned around to get back in my vehicle I noticed the beautiful sky behind me and it got me thinking, what if I hadn't taken the time to stop? Sure I could see the beautiful glow before me cast out across the glistening snow but I would have totally missed the colourful magic unfolding behind me. That moment as I stood there looking behind me and watching the colour fade fast it made me realize that it's ok to look back, reflect and refresh.  So as I got back in my vehicle and continued on to my destination, it got me thinking...

 Sometimes, the best camera is the one you have on you.
I keep looking back at this photo and thinking am I ever glad I obeyed that nudge, that prompt, to catch that moment and not let it pass without another thought. That feeling, the stillness, the quiet and the crisp morning air was so refreshing, so energizing. I'm so in love with those winter skies. I'm tired of not utilizing the tools I have more often. I will use what I have in the moment.

We need to seize every moment. 
Life is just too short. With all the deaths, heartache, and destruction we read about in the news on a daily basis we never know when it will be our turn next. We often rush through life in a hurry to get to our destination without ever stopping to take in the scenery and enjoy the ones around us until it's too late. I'm tired of missed opportunities. I will pause moments, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

Negativity is mind games.
I keep thinking "Man, what if I had just dismissed this moment because I listened to those negative thoughts of inadequacy how I wasn't good enough or my equipment wasn't good enough?" It may not be the best quality but it's actually one of my favourite images. I'm tired of letting the negative thoughts rule my life. I will look for the positive in every situation. I will listen for the positive voice.


So goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!
 Let's make this the year of positive changes.
Use what you have.
Live in the moment.
Speak kind words to yourself.
For if we want to change the world, we must start within....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!